Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Altered Box

I recently updgraded to the Cuttlebug from the Sizzix Texture Boutique.  I love them both for embossing and can't wait to try the cutting feature on the Cuttlebug!  Of course when I buy something new, I have to buy more things to go with it.  I needed a place to store all of my Cuttlebug folders so I altered a recipe box.  I have seen this done a few times before and I can't remember where I've seen it. (If you've seen this done, or have done it yourself, please let me know who and where, so I can give the proper credit- since I would have never thought to do this myself!) 
The regular size folders fit in this perfectly- now I just need to figure out something for the larger ones.

I used the Black Currant stack from DCWV to cover the box, and Prima flowers for embellishments.  I added ribbon to cover some of the seams.  The ribbon was a bit difficult to attach- I used ATG but should have used the Xyron or hot glue.  I know better now for the next one.............

I am entering this into Try it on Tuesday's challenge- Go check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!


  1. Very cute and great way to store the folders!

  2. Terrific alteration of a recipe box, love the colours you chose. For your larger Bug folders look at Finish dishwasher sachets boxes, I use them for loads of craft stash. Thanks for joining in at TIOT. Good Luck. Caz

  3. super cute. I love the colors.

  4. Momo sent me ( now a follower ) and I havent been blogging long. I only have one project posted so far but feel free to stop by and take a look around.

    Happy Crafing,

  5. Love the Box. I agree ATG does not hold things i.e. boxes, ribbon, etc together very well. I LOVE the Xyron...have three different sizes. Thanks for the inspiration.