Friday, April 8, 2011

Girlie Birthdays!

I'm finally getting around to posting my special project(s) for my daughters' birthdays a few weeks ago.
10 year old girls have very serious ideas and want things the way they want them.
My daughters spent weeks deciding how they wanted their cakes to be- what flavor, what color, how it was to be decorated, the exact placement of each candy sprinkle (you get the picture?)
Well....I took their ideas under advisement, and put in a few ideas of my own.

Since my girlies were 5, they have had two birthday parties each year.  One party was for friends, the other party was for family.  5yr thru 9yr= 5 years x 2 girls x 2 parties/year = 20 cakes!! (plus 2 more this year!) (plus 2 each year for ages 1-4!)

This year, after much persuasion, I convinced them that a "friend party" would be sufficient.

With all the extra time I had, I was able to make a "paper cake" and fill the slices with candy for each girl to take home.


If you haven't checked out My Pink Stamper's blog hop this month (and who hasn't!), make sure that you do.  It's all about birthdays!!

And- if you haven't been to Getting Cricky with K Andrew (again- who hasn't) and seen this post- you must!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...those cakes look so delicious!!! They have so many goodies on them it is making me hungry (and I really shouldn't be snacking anymore at 1am)!! I would LOVE one of those peach rings right now! Your a really great Mom Julie and those are two lucky girls! That's a lot of cake over 10 years! I am sure those kiddos were enjoying these fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful and elegant and yummy looking lucky girls!! love it!
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cakes are amazing!!! The paper cake was such a cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that's a lot of cakes. LOL. Your "papercake" is to die for. Way to go. Bet the girls were impressed
    Thanks for playing along on Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky
    Brenda

    Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cakes... all of them! :) Just popping in from the Getting Cricky hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I'm a new follower from Love link up party. Your cakes are amazing love the paper cake as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just returning some love. You became a follower of my blog and I just wanted to say thanks. I really like the right side cake. I also became 1 of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that paper cake. I want to do one for Easter for my kids classroom. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cake what a great job. Thanks for playing along, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Kathy :) Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just posted an award for you on my Blog I just love!!! it I think you will also


    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your cake! What a neat idea! I am stopping by to give love and hugs from the Gettin Crickey Hop:) http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Cake's look spectacular...I am surprised you don't have a Cricut Cake. I have the Cake Mini & love it. Your Pie(paper)looks good enough to eat...very pretty & good job.
    This brings back so many memories...I read your profile & I have 3 daughters & 4 cats & a husband...lol. I am a follower now & can't wait to see more creations. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hopping on through the Love ~ Link Up Party. I am a new follower.

    Your cards and projects are stunning!

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie,
    I love all of your cakes--even the inedible one! heehe!
    You are such a great mom! I know the girls LOVED them!
    Thanks so much for playing my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    All the Cricky Best,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great birthday for a young lady!

    I am a new follower. Momo sent me! I would love for you to drop by my blog and become a follower.

    Jenn
    http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete