Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday Cards and Gifts

Ten years ago today my sweet baby girls were born.  Avery was born at 10:15am and 13 minutes later (the longest 13 minutes EVER) Mackenzie came into my life.
We had a great day today!  The girlies took their treats (cake pops) to school and when I tried to help them carry them into the school, I was asked to return to the car before we entered the building (because I embarrass them).  They did however ask if I would come back to the school and eat lunch with them.  ( I may be an embarrassment, but they still love me- I guess.)  I re-arranged my work schedule and surprised them at lunch time.  I'm guessing this may be my last year to have a school birthday lunch with my daughters (before it becomes "lame") so I wasn't going to pass it up.  After school, and work, we all went out to dinner and then came home and had cake while the girls opened gifts.

They were expecting me to make them something special, so I could not disappoint.
I made them each a necklace holder to hang on their wall.

I used a chipboard album cover (the front for one, and the back for the other) and covered them with some pretty paper (DCWV) and blinged them up with the I-Rock.  I punched the bottom with my Bind It All and attached 3/4" OWires (without crimping) with hot glue.  The holes were already punched in the top so I added some ribbon so they could hang them on their walls.

I also had to make birthday cards- which were so fun to make!  Still can't believe they are Ten!


I used the Sweet Treat cartridge to cut all of the images and sparkled it up with some pearls and shinies from Recollections.

I am submitting my projects into a few challenges.
Birthday Sundaes Challenge #1- Anything Goes Birthday Card
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #52-  Happy Birthday Card
Die Cuttin Diva- A Spring/Garden Die Cut (Spring always makes me think of my girls!)

Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

  1. Very nice projects! I really like fun colors and papers you chose. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards and projects! I love the 'Got Cake'! Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ~Kristie, Birthday Sundaes Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...Happy Birthday to your 10 year olds! Those necklace holders are a super cute idea and I love the bright colors of the papers! I'm sure the girls loved them! The cards are really sweet too! Glad they let you come back for lunch! I hope the day doesn't come too soon that my girls are embarrassed by me (although I know it is coming)! I'm happy you joined us for our 1st week at Birthday Sundaes! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your 10 year olds!! They do grow up fast! I love the cupcake birthday cards! Thanks for joining in the challenge at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are adorable! Who doesn't love cupcakes! If I was a 10 year old girl, I'd adore getting one of these cards for my birthday.

    Heck, I'm a 43 year old girl and I'd STILL love to get one for my birthday!!

    Thanks for joining Challenge #2 at Amber's Crafts & Stuff!


    *~* April *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace holder is fabulous! I may have to make something similar for my daughter (13) because she will "just die" when she sees this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the necklace holders and the cards are really cute! Thanks for playing along with us over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cards are super adorable. I can't wait to get that cartridge its in my top 10!

    Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These projects are fabulous! I absolutely love the necklace hangers. What a great idea! Happy Birthday to your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those a super what a neat idea
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Great cards! My chick just turned ten too, it goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, those necklace holders are SO creative!! Who woulda thought???

    I know you've previously received a Liebster Award, but I have one for you too -- I wanted to select people who inspired others not only with their projects (which you definitely do!!), but also in other ways -- Your positive posts and happy personality really shine -- And I want others to see that too!! So come on over and pick up your award and know that your efforts do not go unnoticed!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    PS I received my AWESOME I-ROCK -- I'm itching to try it out... Maybe tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so adorable:)

    I am now following you. I was sent by momo:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you did a great job with the challenge. Your cards are super cute as are the necklace holders! Happy birthday to your girls! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, Avery & Mackenzie are lucky girls to receive such adorable cards =)
    -Kwerky Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to your girls! What wonderful projects you made for them. The necklace holders are such a fabulous idea for 10-year old girls. It sounds as though you had a wonderful time together. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet your girls loved these! I think the cupcakes look great! Thanks for sharing them with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday (belatedly) to your twins!!! Love your cards and jewelry holder. Great idea!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope your girls had a wonderful bday! I bet they were thrilled with these gorgeous cards! They're so bright & fun! Perfect for 10 yr olds!! Thanks for playing with the Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julie! I just saw these won one of the top picks at Amber's Crafts and Stuff!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super fun projects! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!

    ReplyDelete