Monday, March 21, 2011

Birthday Treats- Cake Pops

Today I made "Cake Pops" for my daughters Birthday treats at school this week.
I was inspired by Starbucks-- too bad I didn't have my Grande Mocha while I was making them.  :(

If you do not know what Cake Pops are, you are missing out!  They are little gooey balls of deliciousness, covered in candy coating!  Yum!

How to make:

First, make a cake.  Any cake mix will work- just pick your favorite flavor (I used a Betty Crocker White).
After the cake is baked and cooled, take the cake and crumble it in a bowl.  Add one can of prepared frosting (again, Betty Crocker White with Candy Pieces).
Mix this all up.   You can use an electric mixer, or mix by hand.  (It looks yucky, but tastes delish!)
Next, you must place it in the refrigerator for about an hour to firm up the mixture.
After it has chilled, make small balls and place onto waxed paper.
Next step is to freeze them-- if you don't, you will have (I had) a mess!  If you are making cake "pops", it is important to place the stick in each ball before freezing.  If you are making cake "balls", no stick is needed.  :)  Freeze for at least one hour.

Now you are ready for the candy coating.  Almond bark, chocolate chips, white chocolate.... whatever makes you happy-- melt it and get ready for the fun!  When making "pops", you will need some styrofoam or something to hold them so they don't have a flat "top"  (unless you want a flat top).
Let them harden up and then hurry and put them away before you your family eats them all!

Enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. These look yummy !!!
    TFS
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum.... My mouth is watering... Is it too early in the morning for me to make these??? :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO! I gotta try this:) By the way...Momo sent me:)
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried one from Starbucks a couple of days ago and loved it :) Now looking at these I think I need to learn how to make them!! TFS

    BTW - I came over from Momo's site :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks WAY to yummy! Thanks for sharing and I have it on my list of treats to make for the kiddos..

    When you get a chance pop by my blog and pick up your blog award :)

    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering how these were made. I bought one of my twins a pink one from Starbucks on Saturday. They are so cute!! Thanks for the directions..

    ReplyDelete