Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?!?

On Monday I did some yardwork- picked up sticks, worked on the flower bed, checked out the garden area.  
On Tuesday, it snowed (2 inches!) in the morning and was so cold that I had to wear a winter jacket all day.
Today, Wednesday, it was 65* and the sun was shining so bright that I had to wear sunglasses while I was driving and turn on the air conditioner in the car!  (I live in central Iowa)
 Tomorrow will be...... Who knows!  I'm setting out a pair shorts and flip flops and some ear muffs (just to be safe).  LOL!

I am so ready for Spring to be here once and for all!

I am ready for green grass, and blooming trees and flowers.  My allergies aren't ready- but I am!

I used K & Company paper for the background and Prima flowers with some blingy brads.
The stamp is Studio G.

Here a few challenges that this card fits right into!

Ambers Crafts and Stuff- Challenge #3 April Flowers
Fantabulous Cricut- #53 Looks Like Spring
Crafting with Cristina- #20 Cricutless/Stamping
Creative Cutter Room- Looks Like Spring

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Hello Julie! Thanks for leaving me some love and for putting up my button on your sidebar :) I just became a follower of yours, too! Yes, your weather totally sounds like ours! Well, it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one having to put up with this kind of weather! LOL! Well, I also love your card - so springy! and let's hope that the spring is here to stay! Thanks for the comment on my topiary - that was a contest entry that I did for SVGCuts, and you can find that blog post from last May. I think it was my second post?? Thanks, and hope to get to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! You should come and enter this at the Creative Cutter Room challenge, the details are on my blog.

    We are supposed to hit 100 here on Friday! It's going to be a hot summer for us in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments. I am a follower now and can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project.... so bright! and be patient, warm days is around the corner LOL
    Have a great Thursday ;-)
    Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card. I'm with you-my allergies aren't ready but I am. TFS in the Creative Cutter Room. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, Beautiful card... great job with the challenge...

    Thanks for playing with us at CWC..

    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Julie. I have an award for you. Come to my blog and check it out.
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! I know what you mean about weather. I live in Cincinnati and one day it was 79 and we were in shorts/t shirts then two days later we were bundled up in our winter gear again. It's such a tease! LOL

    Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Cristina :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, I love this card! We have had the same weather here. One day it's 70 out and the next day it's freezing. We just got 2 inches of snow yesterday. I am so ready for Spring to come and stay! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty! Love the colors! Has spring written all over it :) I'm now a follower of your site...please stop by mine when you get a chance...thanks!

    I've posted up blog surfer links on my page. It's a great way make followers and find new blogs for inspiration and idea.

    http://www.CreateMePink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are beautiful! Love all of your craft projects!

    New follower: deannascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie, thanks for stopping by my blog! Love this card, very inspiring and makes me think of the warm weather coming our way real soon. I'm your newest follower, #139.

    ReplyDelete